Does he like me?

I really like this guy, and i’m in middle school. Sometimes he will act like he definitally likes me. I will catch him staring at me, and he will sometimes smile and sometimes look away. I don’t know what to do. We have mutual friends and classes, but he is sending mixed messages. What do you think? does he like me? what should i do?

17 thoughts on “Does he like me?

1. Miranda says:

[You didn’t really put enough information to see if he really likes you but, since you have mutual friends why don’t you invite them to go somewhere and do something like the mall for example. But be sure you are the one to ask him if he wants to go! Hope this helped

• Banana says:

[Ok I am sorry for the inadequite information. I have that he emails me a lot ( over 100 back and forth ) and he always smiles at me when I see him. We are both kind or nerds/geeks and have some fandoms we talk about often. He sits at the lunch table in front of me, and often looks over at me over his friends’ shoulder. We are not out of each other’s league, I think he may just be shy. I’m not really old enough ( according to me parents) to date him… I just really want to know.

2. Mariam says:

[hey, I totally get where you are coming from. I am in the same situation as you are in. It’s confusing ain’t it? What you should do is ask him out some place, somewhere where you both will have fun, a fun fair for example. If you start noticing these signs more often, It means he is totally into you and would defo ask you out. 🙂

• Banana says:

[Ok, but I am technically not old enough to go anywhere with him, or any boy, since my parents are overprotactive. What do you think about me having a boy/girl party?

• Mariam says:

[how old are you? if you are old enough, I say you should throw this party. 🙂

• Mariam says:

[well then I guess youse could give it a shot then 🙂 Since you two are the same age

• Banana says:

[Yep…but my parents would literally murder me if they found me with any boy… my mom works at my school, like, three times every day, so she likes to spy on me i guess, so i really only have class time to talk w/ him.

• Mariam says:

[really? that’s a bit complicated then..ummm, I reckon you should sit down with your parents and tell them that you are getting older and that you’re starting to like people and that they should come to accept it. Also that its not so bad to have boys as friends or dating them I mean we are all humans in the end right?
      Also I am almost 17 so I know how you feel with the whole parents thing so just talk to your parents and see how that goes yeah:)

• Banana says:

[yeah I am firmly NOT allowed to date until 16… my parents and religion both say that. I really like him, and i think he likes me back. for valentine’s day i made him an oragami lily flower and a twix, so he knows i like him…He is starting to try to make me like him, ajusting his hair and trying to impress me:)

• Mariam says:

[If you aren’t allowed to date until you are 16, become friends with him, but like best friends and when youse are 16, take a step forward, as in date each other. He obviously is really into you if he is trying to get your attention and stuff, so yeah, you should talk to him and he should understand that you have strict parents and can’t date until you are 16

• Banana says:

[I think sometimes i scare him by being in the same place as him, like i was in the library after school today while he was having study hall, i caught his eye a few times, but right when the bell rang, he left as quickly as possible. True, a few guy friends were in there too and we were talking, but i dont think that is really a problem, except maybe he thinks i like them… But he sent like twenty emails back and forth to me during social studies, and one before i got out of my class, so i think he is definatly still interested.

• Mariam says:

[he probably left because maybe he got jealous that you were with those guys, so that means he is still definitely interested :). And also the fact that he emails you a lot is another sign 🙂