Hi, I have been with this woman for 6 months and realize that i made a very big mistake letting her move in before i knew her properly. She kept talking on and on about marriage and kids ad nauseum till i decided to tell her that we break it off because i was absolutely not ready. She begged and pleaded till we somehow reconciled, but ever since, the love i had has waned till now i feel that being with her is a big inconvenience to my career dreams.
She wants all my free time to be with her. if i tell her ill be back in 30 mins, 10 minutes later, shell start calling wanting minute by minute updates on where i am. I am an engineer by profession and that means extra money comes when i do work outside the job i have. I havent got a single dime outside my job for the time we have been together.
I have tried all ways to break up including telling her that my parents did not approve of the relationship but she says shes not ready to let me go. I feel trapped because of the following things i discovered
1. Shes a year older than me
2. She has a kid from a previous relationship, something ive tried to unsuccessfuly ignore
3. She doesnt seem to have any hobbies, Nothing we seem to have in common. So, how do i break this off quick and painless
4. Even if she works, she NEVER has money, (or so she says coz ive peeped once or twice into her bag and surely, she has money)
5. Her cooking skills are wanting
6. She gets absolutely absent minded when shes on the phone. Wants to cook or do other things while talking on phone and for long hours
7. She doesnt seem to care about impressing me anymore, feels she settled
8. Recently i stopped complaining about her flaws and started plotting an exit strategy, but she is taking my silence now to be my expression of my love.