I’m considering suicide,help me.

Hey guys, i’m a thirteen year old girl from liverpool,england.
I haven’t any real friends and I cant concentrate in school because i’m disliked and unwanted people think i’m a easy target. I cry myself to sleep, the only reason i’m still alive is because I dont want to hurt my family and it’d be really selfish to do that to them. I’m considering walking infront of a bus or lorry to make it seem like an accident but I still dont want to hurt my family in such a cruel way. What could I do to make friends to support me and help me through nasty high school years? Help me before I make the wrong decision and end myself please.

10 thoughts on “I’m considering suicide,help me.

1. Taurwen says:

[Hey,

Like everyone else mentioned, suicide is a really drastic answer to a fleeting problem. School at that age just sucks. I am always really suspicious of people who say otherwise. And while there are ways to make friends, it’s nothing to lose too much sleep over. Push comes to shove you just have to survive the next few years and then things get SO MUCH better.
    So come up with a survival strategy. Write in a journal, watch sci-fi movies, talk to an adult you trust, draw, read, do something. (At your age I was averaging 2 books a day because that’s the only way to keep my sanity)
    You didn’t mention if you’re a geek or not, if you’re just unpopular allow me to say “Screw ’em” anyone who is going to pick on the easiest target is going to be sorely disappointed in life when they’re expected to actually prove worth instead of just beating people up. People who are picked on learn resilience and determination that will serve them well after school.
    If you’re a geek there’s plenty of online culture to immerse yourself in that proves things will get better.
    Speaking of, I would also suggest watching the “It Gets Better” project. Even if you aren’t LGBTQ the message is still meaningful, life gets better after school. It really really does.

2. AKchic says:

[Honey, I was 15 when I first attempted suicide. I went on to have four children, I have a decent career, and I have wonderful friends that I didn’t even know I had in school when I was in the depths of my depression.

You are loved, you are wanted, and above all, you are more special to people than you realize. My oldest is your age. I don’t check this website often, but I’m glad I checked this when I did.

Please talk to an adult that you trust. A teacher would be the best person, or a school counselor or nurse. A parent, however loving, can brush it under the rug because they don’t want to believe the concern is as bad as it is (my mother is this way and it caused me to try committing suicide 2 more times before she finally got me any help at all).

Please check back in with us and let us know how you are doing. We want to know that you are okay. We want to know what advice helped. What advice you did take. If you spoke with an adult and are getting any help .

Remember, every human has something to contribute to this world. Everyone has something special about them that someone else would miss. You matter. It may seem really hard right now, but it does get better. I promise you that. And I promise you, once you get over the hard part, you’ll be glad you worked through it. Please update us.

[Hey, there. I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling like this.

I want to tell you that I feel you, that so many of us have been there. But, I know that isn’t going to make you feel better right now.

I also want to tell you that it will pass, that adolescence is a time when the chemicals in our brain are undergoing some serious changes, and that wreaks havoc on our emotions. But, I know that isn’t going to make you feel better right now, either.

The sad truth is that there probably isn’t anything anyone can tell you right now that is going to make you feel better right now.

At the same time, I can promise you that these feelings of despair don’t have to last forever. If you kill yourself, that’s a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It may feel like your only option right now, but please please please please believe me when I say that you have plenty of other options.

You posted on here. That’s one option. Now think about what else you can do.

I can’t tell you when they will go away, and right now, I can’t tell you what it will take to get these feelings to go away. But, the fact that you’re posting on here tells me that you do want them to go away, that you don’t want to resort to suicide.

So, maybe let’s start here. This is kind of a small site, and there really aren’t that many people hanging around here. But, I can promise you that we’re all here because we like to help others. Maybe you would like to tell us a little more about yourself. You say that you’re disliked and unwanted. Can you think of any reason why? I know that I’ve certainly done idiotic things in my past that made people dislike me. But, I’ve also found that these are rarely permanent reasons for people to dislike me. Maybe if you tell us a little more about yourself, we can help you figure out why you’re disliked. For all we know, you might not be as disliked and unwanted as you think you are.

Or, do you have anyone close to you whom you could talk to? The internet is kind of an impersonal place, and as much as we would love to help you out, if you can think of even one real-life person you can go to, I think that one person could help you way more than any of us could.

Of course, you can also do both. Keep talking to us. Let us know what we can do to help. In the meantime, see if you can find a real-life person. There’s nothing wrong with that, either.

The bottom line is, talk to someone. And keep talking to them. Whether here, in real life, on another site, anywhere. Because as long as you’re talking (or typing, or whatever form of communication you want to use), then that will help push the bad thoughts out of your head. You’re not going to find a quick cure for suicidal thoughts. But, if you’re willing to take it one day at a time, then that’s all anyone can ask for.

We’re here for you….

[It gets so much better than middle school and high school. You have so much to live for! Talk to a guidance counselor or teacher that you trust, and they may be able to set you up to talk to someone who can help you sort out your feelings. I know you must be hurting so much, but try joining clubs, anything where you might be able to find people who have similar interests as you and where you might be able to meet new friends. If you are close with your family, try to spend more time with them too and realize how much they love you. Just remember that even if it doesn’t seem like it, more people care about you than you know!

5. Pete says:

[Middle school and high school are really, really dumb. The good news is it doesn’t last long, and life afterward is much better. I remember my 8th grade teacher telling us high school would be “the best 4 years OF YOUR LIFE”. Totally wrong, and a totally unfair/unrealistic expectation to lay on a kid. I was skinny, not athletic (uninterested in sports altogether, really), unpopular, and picked on by jocks and bullies in both middle and high school. If those were really going the be the best years of my life, I would’ve felt the same way you do (looking back, I probably did). They certainly weren’t the best years of my life, not by a long shot. College and the first few years after college were IMMEASURABLY better.

What got me through it was finding things that interested me, both within and outside of school, and befriending people who were more like me: unathletic, not popular, and kind of nerdy. I liked comic books, science fiction, history, and art. So I took history, art, and writing classes and gravitated toward the students who were more into those things. It took me a year or so to figure out what I was into, but once I did I started making friends. So I suggest finding things that interest you and starting up some conversations with other people who share your interests. You’ll probably make some connections and start your own social circle. It’s also how I connected with my all-time favorite teacher, who really helped me get through some of the social and academic anxieties I was experiencing.

It was also important for me to have things going on outside of school. I was on a local competitive swim team, and that really helped me out. A few of the people on the swim team also went to my school, so it gave me something to talk to them about when I’d run into them there, and it helped me get on the school swim team where I made a few more friends who were also swimmers. I was also in Boy Scouts, so on weekends I was often going camping or on other adventures with people I’d known for a couple years. Having things to do outside of school made school seem less and less like the looming, all-encompassing center of my world.

At that age, not having a lot of friends and being disliked at school can seem like a hopeless situation that’ll never end. Trust me, it will end. I didn’t really figure out my own personality or what I liked/who I wanted to be until college. That’s where I ditched all the baggage of middle/high school and really made good friends. It’s been 15 years since high school for me, and I’m not in touch with anyone from those days. I am in touch with the friends I made in college and the few years afterward, when I really figured myself out. So believe me, IT GETS BETTER.

I recommend checking out those organizations that Dennis recommended above. They’ll talk to you and can probably help you sort some of this out. Like he said, the fact that you’re reaching out for help here indicates that you don’t really want to resort to suicide, so that’s a start. Having a real-live person to talk to about your problems will probably help tremendously.

In closing, here’s my all-time favorite musing on high school:
    “I’m not much for public speaking. Or much for speaking. Or, come to think of it, much for the public. And I’m not very good at lying. So let me just say that, in my experience, high school sucks. If I had to do it all over again, I’d have started advanced placement classes in preschool so I could go from eighth grade straight to college. However, given the unalterable fact that high school sucks, I’d like to add that if you’re lucky enough to have a good friend and a family that cares it doesn’t have to suck quite as much. Otherwise my advice is; Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is* naked. The truth and a lie are not ‘sort of the same thing’. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can’t be improved with pizza. Thank you.”

6. Bchan1234 says:

[Hello there,
    I accidentally ended up on this site, not knowing why i’m here. BUT when I saw your message. I guess my purpose was to help you.

DON’T TRY TO FIT IN!!!
    BE YOURSELF!!

I know it’s not easy to make friends in high school especially at your age. To be honest, when I was your age I didn’t had much friends either. I was kinda the nerdy type of boy that would do my own things. One day, i noticed people were break dancing. Back then, I learned a few moves,but wasn’t that great. I really wanted to join them, but was too shy. Out of the blue someone had pushed me into the middle and I just did my thing. I started doing all kind of moves and people we’re like who’s that guy? After that I made some new friends. Thought it didn’t last long, but the point is. TRY TO FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE!
    Join group activities that your interested. Like this you can meet new people and make new friends that have things in common with you. Those people that dislike are just jealous of you. What ever they say just ignore them. Giving them attention only feeds their need to bully you more. If your getting bullied tell the principal or just talk to your teachers about it. All you have to do to make friends is just introducing yourself to others. Saying Hi! my name is” …” or try talking to the person next to you or the person you want to make friends with in your CLASS. Ask them a open question about the course . KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS about them to find out SIMILAR INTERESTED. IF you find things in common you’ll find more things and so on and friendship will eventually grow.

You don’t need to suicide to get rid of your problem. THERE’S ALWAYS A SOLUTION!
    NEVER GIVE UP! Here’s some inspirational quotes I like you to read!

This video can help you out as well:

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!! SERIOUSLY YOUR SPECIAL!
    SMILE KIDDO! ENJOY LIFE!! 😀 😀 😀

ps: Even if you don’t have much friends, as long as you have a few BEST FRIENDS that’s pretty awesome!
    quality vs quantity !

Bryan

7. Jewyl says:

[I am so sorry that things are so bad for you. As everyone has said, life has SO much to offer, and it will get better. But right now, in your life, you are loved. Your family loves you. There are other people in your life who love you. You probably don’t even realize that there are other students in your classes who would connect with you. You are not alone in the world.
    People mentioned the resources above, and those may help you not only find an outlet, but also find others who have gone through this same feeling. Reach out and you may find another teen who needs you just as much as you need them.
    My thoughts are with you from way over in California!

8. hellcat says:

[Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. While it doesn’t feel like it now, this too shall pass. Remember, feelings aren’t facts, and just because you feel unloveable, unlikeable, and unwanted doesn’t mean that you are. Talk to your family about how you are feeling. They will be scared and confused, but a lot less upset than the other alternative. Seek help from a therapist or, at a minimum, your school counselor. Here is a link to an international suicide crisis center: http://suicidehotlines.com/international.html. Whatever you do, don’t try to go through this alone!