“My elderly mother spilt gravy on my son’s head”

Tonight at dinner, we had an unfortunate accident. My 5 year old was already at the table eating, while my mother (who is 70) was still trying to get the stuff on the table. She was trying to get my father his gravy, as he was sitting at the other end of the table. Unfortunately, some spilled on my son’s head. Understandably, he freaked out because it was painful, I was in the kitchen at the time getting a drink for him, so I didn’t see what actually happened. My bf, my son’s father, rushed him into the kitchen, freaking out and we rinsed his head with cold water. My bf was immediately saying we were taking him to the hospital. I kept my cool, and told him that it wasn’t that bad, 1st degree if that, it was barely red, no blistering and my son calmed down within minutes.  Continue reading